Marine Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram wants to wish everyone in Vancouver a safe and happy Halloween filled with fun and candy!
We want to remind parents that Halloween brings a higher risk for accidents involving pedestrians according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. If your children will be trick-or-treating this year, follow these guidelines to help keep them safe from traffic:
- Supervise your younger children very well.
- Teach your children basic traffic safety rules such as “Stop, Look, and Listen.”
- Make your kids more easily visible to drivers. Avoid darker costumes, and use reflective tape to light up their costumes.
- Give your kids glow sticks, flashlights, or reflective candy buckets to carry.
- Take advantage of indoor trick-or-treating events to avoid traffic as much as possible.
- If you need to stop your car to let out trick-or-treaters or pick them up, turn on your hazard lights.